Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Salmon Chowder

This was such a good recipe and it is perfect for cold winter days (like we've been having a lot of lately).  It made plenty for our family and was good as leftovers the next day.  I found it here on allrecipes.com.  It reminded us a little of clam chowder, but I think I liked the salmon better than I would clams.  Try it and i hope you like it!

SALMON CHOWDER


Ingredients:
 
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups diced potatoes
2 carrots, diced (I had a bunch of carrots in my freezer that I had chopped and put in bags from the garden last Fall, and I thawed a sandwich bag full and they worked just fine)
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried dill weed (I accidentally doubled this and it tasted really good)
2 (16 ounce) cans salmon
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic powder until onions are tender. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper, and dill. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in salmon, evaporated milk, corn, and cheese. Cook until heated through.

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment