Thursday, November 18, 2010

Honey Pecan Pork Chops

These were so good!  I kind of felt like I was eating dessert for dinner.  It's not overwhelmingly sweet though, just enough to make it good.  I got the recipe from Moms Who Think. They have weekly easy dinner ideas that I have been trying a lot lately.  Here's the page.  It's week 1 day 5.  I'll put the recipe below, or you can get it from there.  I served it with mashed sweet potatoes and a green salad.

HONEY PECAN PORK CHOPS


Ingredients:

1 ¼  pounds boneless pork loin, pounded thin
½  cup all-purpose flour for coating
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons butter
¼  cup honey
¼  cup chopped pecans

Directions:

1. In a shallow dish, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Dredge pork cutlets in the flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chops, and brown both sides. Transfer to a warm plate.
3. Mix honey and pecans into the pan drippings. Heat through, stirring constantly.
4. Pour sauce over cutlets.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment